Animals in the Bible and the Afterlife.
Will my beloved Pet(s) and I
be together in heaven one day?
ANIMALS AND GOD:
God created all the animals.
"Then God commanded, 'Let the earth produce all kinds of animal life; domestic and wild, large and small, and it was done. So God made them all, and He was pleased with what He saw."
Genesis 1:24, 25
All animals belong to God.
"All the animals in the forest are Mine and the cattle on thousands of hills. All the wild birds are Mine and all living things in the fields."
Psalm 50:10, 11
God cares for the animals.
1 John 4:16
"Look at the birds flying around . . . your Father in Heaven takes care of them"
"He gives animals their food and feeds the young ravens when they call."
The Bible describes the Angels around God's throne as having features and characteristics like those of a lion, a bull and an eagle,
God Himself is likened in Scripture to a lion, a leopard, a bear
Hosea 13:7, 8,
Jesus is described as "The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world."
Jesus identified Himself with all the innocent animals who had been sacrificed for the sins of mankind and declared that His was the final sacrifice. Jesus abolished animal sacrifices and so Christianity has always rejected the need for further bloodshed of animals. Hebrews 9:12, 26.
"For the blood of bulls and goats can never take away sins. For this reason, when Christ was about to come into the world, He said to God: You do not want sacrifices and offerings, but You have prepared a body for Me. You are not pleased with animals burnt whole on the altar or with sacrifices to take away sins. Then I said, 'Here I am to do Your will, O God.'"
The Scriptures reveal God's anger against man's sinfulness. God condemned the type of wholesale slaughter of animals in Judaism as a cover-up for their disobedience. Psalm 40:6-10.
"I gave your ancestors no commands about burnt offerings or any other kinds of sacrifices, when I brought them out of Egypt. But I did command them to obey Me, so that I would be their God and they would be My people. And I told them to live as I commanded them, so that things would go well for them. But they did not obey Me or pay any attention. Instead, they did whatever their stubborn and evil hearts told them to do and they became worse instead of better."
There is only one way of salvation and that is through the life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ - the Lamb of God who died to redeem sinful mankind
Revelation 5:12, 13.
He died with the result that no other animals need die . . . for man's sinfulness. Jesus is also known as "The Lion of the tribe of Judah"
and it is interesting to notice that He was born in a stable among animals rather than in an inn among sinful people
that He rode a lowly donkey in triumph into Jerusalem on that great day of the feast. Matthew 21:5
and that He is prophesied to return again in glory as the King of Kings and Lord of Lords, riding on a white horse
The Holy Spirit is symbolised by a dove
and He chose to reveal Himself as like a pure and gentle bird
at Jesus' baptism.
The Bible records at least one occasion when God spoke through an animal
Balaam's donkey showed greater spiritual perception than the prophet himself did.
Obviously animals matter to God because the presence of animals in Nineveh is recorded as a reason for God's mercy in not destroying that sinful city.
"How much more then, should I have pity on Nineveh, that great city. After all, it has more than 120000 innocent children in it, as well as many animals."
ANIMALS IN HEAVEN
A controversial question is whether it is God's plan for animals to be in heaven or not. Many Christians believe that heaven just would not be heaven without animals. Certainly I believe that the Creator of millions of different species of animals, birds, insects and fish is a God who loves variety and prizes His creation.
I cannot believe that Heaven will only be populated by angels and saints. From a careful study of the Bible I have become convinced that Heaven will be richer in vegetation and animal life than the most paradise-like part of earth could ever be. Where people get the idea of harps and clouds from, I don't know. God has a far greater plan than we can imagine.
"This plan, which God will complete when the time is right, is to bring all creation together, everything in heaven and on earth, with Christ as head."
"Wolves and sheep will live together in peace, and leopards will lie down with young goats, calves and lion cubs will feed together, and little children will take care of them. Cows and bears will eat together, and their calves and cubs will lie down in peace. Lions will eat straw as cattle do . . . The land will be as full of knowledge of the Lord as the seas are full of water."
"Search in the Lord's book of living creatures and read what it says. Not one of these creatures will be missing and not one will be without its mate. The Lord has commanded it to be so; He Himself will bring them together. It is the Lord who will divide the land among them and give each of them a share. They will live in the land age after age, and it will belong to them for ever."
Isaiah 34:16, 17.
When the revealed Word of God teaches us that God's eternal plan is for "all creation" to be brought together under Christ then it includes all wildlife too. When God says "everything", He means everything - animals included.
When He says that they will live for "age after age", "forever", this means eternal life. Only one place will last forever, and that is Heaven.
That great book of worship in the Bible - the Psalms - reveals that all God's creation have contact with God. Psalm 93.
All God's creatures praise Him. Psalm 145:10.
It is only mankind who needs forgiving and saving and teaching as to how to worship. Psalm 36 & 51. The animal kingdom worships God continually and naturally.
"Praise Him, hills and mountains, fruit trees and forests; all animals, tame and wild, reptiles and birds." Psalm 148:9, 10.
"Be glad, earth and sky! Roar sea and every creature in you: be glad fields and everything in you! The trees in the woods will shout for joy."
Psalm 96:11, 12.
The last book of the Bible presents the final climax of the ages when all creation faces the Creator. First the four living creatures (the animal-like angels around God's throne as described in Ezekiel) praise God, then the twenty-four elders, then the redeemed people of God, then the angels, Revelation 4:6 - 5:12, until finally the great scene is described when all living beings present their worship to Almighty God.
"And then I heard every creature in heaven, on earth, in the world below, and in the sea - all living beings in the universe - and they were singing: 'To Him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb, be praise and honour, glory and might, forever and ever'." Revelation 5:13.
In the light of these Scriptures, I firmly believe that our loving almighty Creator intends all His creatures to enjoy heaven with Him forever. The only part of creation that will be missing from Heaven, according to the Bible, are those sinful human beings who neglect the great salvation that God has revealed in the Bible and provided through Christ. So while all the animal victims of scientific experiments will be in Heaven, the same cannot be said for all the hardhearted vivisectionists and ivory poachers.
ANIMALS AND MAN
Millions of wild animals die painful, lingering deaths in vicious traps every year. Not for food - for furs! Millions more are bred on fur farms and slaughtered for fashion.
Then the beauty industry inflicts untold agony on almost a million animals every year for perfumes, lipsticks and other cosmetics. There are adequate synthetic alternatives, but such is man's inhumanity towards animals that the slaughter continues.
In the name of science, millions more animals suffer in laboratories worldwide every year. In the first chapter of the Bible, God made mankind responsible for His animals Genesis 1-28. All animals are God's animals Psalm 50:10 and we are answerable to God for our treatment, care and protection of them.
"For all of us must appear before Christ, to be judged by Him. Each one will receive what he deserves, according to everything he has done, good or bad, in his bodily life." 2 Corinthians 5:10
What does God think of men battering baby seals to death so that some women can wear glamorous fur coats? What will God do to scientists who burn, infect, cripple, blind, shock, radiate, starve, asphyxiate and dissect cats, dogs, mice, monkeys, rabbits and other innocent victims for 'research' and often just trivial curiosity? How could we expect God to ignore the slaughter of magnificent elephants just to provide ivory ornaments, bracelets and necklaces?
When Jesus is identified as the Lamb of God, how can we remain unmoved at the killing and skinning of newborn karakul lambs to provide fur garments? He has provided us with cotton and the ability to make synthetic materials like nylon. We can shear sheep of their wool in summer. How can fashion justify the butchering of baby lambs for their skins?
God identifies Himself with bears, lions and leopards. What Christian can approve the killing of these majestic wild animals for fur coats and carpets? God gave animals fur to keep them warm. He gave us the brains to make synthetic materials from plants. Why don't we use them more?
All animals belong to God. What gives us the right to torture them to satisfy our curiosity in the name of "science"?
We are answerable to God for our treatment of animals. What are we going to say about trapping animals for furs, forcing them to do unnatural acts in circuses, confining and abusing them for our amusement? How can smokers justify the torture and killing of thousands of dogs and monkeys in "tobacco research"?
"A good man takes care of his animals, but wicked men are cruel to theirs."
The Bible says that God has fixed a day in which He will judge the whole world with justice. Acts 17:31.
It is well to remember that although man was created in the image of God, the whole message of the Bible is that all mankind has fallen into sinful rebellion against God.
"They are quick to hurt and kill; they leave ruin and destruction wherever they go. They have not known the path of peace, nor have they learnt to fear God . . . Everyone has sinned and is far away from God's saving presence."
Romans 3:15-17, 23
On the other hand, the Bible indicates that all animals are acceptable in God's sight. They never degenerated into rebellion against God. While all human beings need forgiveness and salvation, all animals are already in a right relationship with God. We should remember this and be humbled.
In the light of the clear teaching of Scripture concerning creation and mankind's responsibility for it, we should treat animals with the love and concern of those who must give an account of our conduct to God.
Article by Dr. Peter Hammond
Have you made sure YOUR case is ready with God?
Your animals will go to heaven one day, will you?
There are only two destinattions when leaving this earth, and that all depends on the road you are traveling on now! There are only two roads.
Please look at the chart below and search where you will spend your eternity!
"Eximane yourself, to see whether you are IN Christ...." (see 2 Cor 13:5)
1. Job 34:21 “His eyes are on the ways of men; he sees their every step.”
2. Joh 1:29 “The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, "Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!”
3. Math 3:16 “and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and lighting on him....”
4. Math 24:30 “At that time the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and all the nations of the earth will mourn. They will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky, with power and great glory.”
5. Rev 21:2 “saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband.”
6. Gen 9:16 “Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth.”
7. Col 3:4 “When Christ, who is you life, appears, then you also will appear with him in glory....”
8. Psm 65:4 “Blessed are those you choose and bring near to live in your courts! We are filled with the good things of your house, of your holy temple.”
9. 1 Joh 2:15 “Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.”
10. Math 25:35 “For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in,”
11. Gal 6:10 “Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.”
12. Math 25:36 “I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.”
13. Prov 3:6 “in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.”
14. Fil 1:21 “For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain”
15. Prov 22:6 “Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it.”
16. Prov17:10 “A rebuke impresses a man of discernment more than a hundred lashes a fool”
17. Prov 3:9 “Honour the LORD with your wealth, with the first fruits of all your crops”
18. Prov 12:10 “A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel..”
19. 1 Pet 5:8-9 “Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.”
20. Psm 150:3 “Praise him with the sounding of the trumpet, praise him with the harp and lyre!”
21. Eccl 11:6 “Sow your seed in the morning, and at evening let not your hands be idle,”
22. 1 Tes 5:14 “And we urge you, brothers, warn those who are idle, encourage the timid, help the weak, be patient with everyone”
23. Psm 128:2 “You will eat the fruit of your labour; blessings and prosperity will be yours.”
24. Psm 128:3-4 “Your wife will be like a fruitful vine within your house; your sons will be like olive shoots around your table. Thus is the man blessed who fears the LORD”
25. Fil 4:4 “Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!”
26. 1 Pet 4:8 “Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.”
27. Col 4:2 “Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful...”
28. Psm 1:1-2 “But his delight is in the law of the LORD, and on his law he meditates day and night.”
29. Joh 14:1, Heb 9:24 “For Christ did not enter a man-made sanctuary that was only a copy of the true one; he entered heaven itself, now to appear for us in God's presence”
30. Joh 7:37-38 “On the last and greatest day of the Feast, Jesus stood and said in a loud voice, "If anyone is thirsty, let him come to me and drink ,,,streams of living water will flow from within him.”
31. Psm 23:3 “he restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake”
32. Mat 19:5 For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh'
33. Mat 7:14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.”
34. Psm 1:2 “But his delight is in the law of the LORD, and on his law he meditates day and night”
35. Rom 12:2-3 “but be transformed by the renewing of your mind”
36. Acts 9:15, Mat 28:19 “Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptising them in[a] the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.”
37. Mat 13:3-9 “A farmer went out to sow his seed...He who has ears, let him hear.!”
38. Psm 8:1-2 “.O LORD, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth! You have set your glory above the heavens.”
39. Psm 119:9 “How can a young man keep his way pure? By living according to your word”
40. Prov 12:10 “A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel”
41. Deu 5:6-21, Rom 13:9 “Love your neighbour as yourself”
42. Gen 3:1-24 “Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the LORD God had made.”
43. Jam 1:13 “When tempted, no one should say, "God is tempting me..”
44. Prov 22:12 “The eyes of the LORD keep watch over knowledge, but he frustrates the words of the unfaithful”
45. Psm 11:5 “The LORD examines the righteous, but the wicked and those who love violence his soul hates”
46. Psm 38:5 “My wounds fester and are loathsome because of my sinful folly”
47. Heb 3:13 “But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called Today, so that none of you may be hardened by sin's deceitfulness”
48. Eccl 12:1 “Remember your Creator in the days of your youth”
49. Mat 7:13, Psm 19:14-15 “May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer”
50. Ps 1:1, Efs 5:18 “Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners”
51. Heb 3-13, Rom 1:28 “...since they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, he gave them over to a depraved mind, to do what ought not to be done.”
52. Tit 2:5 “to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God.”
53. 1 Tim 2:9, 1 Cor 3:16-17 “Don't you know that you yourselves are God's temple and that God's Spirit lives in you”
54. Ex 20:13 “You shall not murder.”
55. Isa 3:5 “People will oppress each other — man against man, neighbour against neighbour. The young will rise up against the old, the base against the honourable...”
56. Mat 18:6, Isa 5:11 “Woe to those who rise early in the morning to run after their drinks, who stay up late at night till they are inflamed with wine”
57. Fil 3:14 “I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus”
58. Mat 7:13-14 “Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.”
59. Jer 14:2-6 “...send their servants for water; they go to the cisterns but find no water. They return with their jars unfilled”
60. II Tes 3:10, Prov 19:15 “Laziness brings on deep sleep, and the shiftless man goes hungry..”
61. Gen 9:6, Psm 139:13 “For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb”
62. Lev 20:13, Rom 1:27 “Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion”
63. 1 Cor 3:16-17 “...Don't you know that you yourselves are God's temple and that God's Spirit lives in you?...If anyone destroys God's temple, God will destroy him”
64. Mat 18:8 “It is better for you to enter life maimed or crippled than to have two hands or two feet and be thrown into eternal fire”
65. 1 Cor 3:16-17 “Don't you know that you yourselves are God's temple and that God's Spirit lives in you?...If anyone destroys God's temple, God will destroy him”
66. Mat 18:6 “But if anyone causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a large millstone hung around his neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea.”
67. Lev 19:28 “Do not cut your bodies for the dead or put tattoo marks on yourselves. I am the LORD”
68. Pre 5:9, Mat 6:19-20 “Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal.”
69. Prov 23:2 “and put a knife to your throat if you are given to gluttony”
70. Prov 7:26, Rev 2:22 “So I will cast her on a bed of suffering, and I will make those who commit adultery with her suffer intensely, unless they repent of her ways”
71. 1 Cor 6:10, Mat 15:19 “For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander”
72. 1 Cor 6:11 “But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God”
73. Rom 13:9 “Love your neighbour as yourself.”
74. Eccl 5:9, 1 Tim 6:10 “For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs”
75. Ex 20:15, Ex 22:2 “You shall not steal.”
76. 1 Cor 3:16-17, Mat 27:3-7 “So Judas threw the money into the temple and left. Then he went away and hanged himself.”
77. Isa 5:11 “Woe to those who rise early in the morning to run after their drinks, who stay up late at night till they are inflamed with wine.”
78. Rom 1:29-32, Ex 20:13 “You shall not murder.
79. Luk 15:18, Mar 9:45 “It is better for you to enter life crippled than to have two feet and be thrown into hell”
80. Jam 4:1-3 “You quarrel and fight. You do not have, because you do not ask God...”
81. Prov 23:21 “for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags.”
82. Eph 4:31 “Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice.”
83. Mar 10:19, Ex 20:15 “You shall not steal”
84. Pro 19:18-19 “Discipline your son, for in that there is hope; do not be a willing party to his death.”
85. Pro 12:10 “A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel”
86. Rom 1:26 “Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones”
87. Psm 49:14-15, Jam 1:15 “Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death..”
88. Rom 13:1-5 “Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established.”
89. II Sam 13:11-15 “Don't, my brother!" she said to him. "Don't force me. Such a thing should not be done in Israel”
90. Eph 4:28 “He who has been stealing must steal no longer..”
91. Prov 19:18-19 “Discipline your son, for in that there is hope; do not be a willing party to his death.”
92. Rom 1:29-30 “They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents;...”
93. Mat 25:13, Rev 6:15-16 “Therefore keep watch, because you do not know the day or the hour..”
94. Ecc 9:3 “The hearts of men, moreover, are full of evil and there is madness in their hearts while they live and afterward they join the dead”
95. Jam 4:1-12 “You quarrel and fight. You do not have, because you do not ask God...”
96. Psm 62:10-11 “Do not trust in extortion or take pride in stolen goods; though your riches increase, do not set your heart on them”
97. Mat 5:43-44 “You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbour and hate your enemy.' But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you”
98. Jer 9:21-22 “Death has climbed in through our windows and has entered our fortresses; it has cut off the children from the streets and the young men from the public squares...”
99. Prov 21:31 “The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but victory rests with the LORD.”
100.Mat 25:41, Mat 13:49-50 “..Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels”
If you need prayer or someone to talk to about your relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ, please contact us through the contact form in this site